Help Us Help You
A positive, productive dialogue between designer and client is a key ingredient for any successful project. The questions below will help you formulate what you hope to achieve with your new landscape plan. Take a few moments to think about your answers to these questions before your consultation. Brainstorming your hopes, ideas, and concerns will prepare you for a constructive discussion with your designer.
- What areas of your property are you interested in landscaping?
- What problems or concerns does your existing landscaping pose?
- How do you plan to use your property?
- Are there any special or favorite plants you would like to include in your landscape design?
- Do you have an established budget for your landscaping project(s)?
- What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike?
- Is there are a garden theme or style that you prefer?
If you have pictures of landscapes from websites, magazines, or books, be sure to show them to your designer. This is an excellent way to familiarize him or her with the styles, plants, and colors that you like.
If possible, please also have a copy of your most recent plot plan (which should have been included in your settlement papers). This will further expedite the design process.